Monday, January 11, 2010

Lifetime Travel Goals

I believe that travel and exploration is the most important thing you can do in life. Learning about other places helps put where you live in context.

This is a list of places that I would like to visit and adventures and events I would like to take part. These are in no particular order and this list is subject to get longer, much longer.

Places to visit in the United States:

  • Bike the Lewis and Clark Trail
  • California
  • Blackhawk Collection – Danville CA
  • Pebble Beach Concours D’elegence
  • Peterson Auto Museum - LA
  • Austin, Texas
  • Vicksburg, Mississippi
  • Omaha, Nebraska
  • Milwaukee, Green Bay Wisconsin
  • Taliesin –Frank Lloyd Wright House
  • Little Bighorn 1876
  • Wounded Knee 1890
  • Yankton, South Dakota
  • Kitty Hawk, NC
  • Promontory Point, Utah

I want to visit every State in the US. States I need to Visit:

  • California
  • Washington
  • Oregon
  • Idaho
  • Alaska
  • Hawaii
  • Arizona
  • North Dakota
  • Nevada

National Parks

I would like to visit them all. But these are the ones I am thinking about right now.

  • Glacier
  • Zion
  • Big Bend

US Adventures:

  • I want to ride my motorbike to Alaska
  • I want to bike across the US

World Travel

  • I want to visit the Goodwood Festival of Speed
  • I want to visit 70 Countries
  • I want to watch an WRC event in person
  • I want to visit the new Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart
  • I want to go to the Isle of Man TT
  • I want to drive a lap around the Nürburgring
  • I want to ride my motorbike to Tierra del Fuego

WWII Locations:

  • Nuremburg, Palace of Justice- International Military Tribunal, Parade Grounds
  • Ardennes
  • Obersalzburg
  • Berlin- Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie

Spend more time in eastern Europe

The Hermitage, St. Petersburg, Russia

Asia:

  • Japan: Nissan Museum, Toyota Museum Honda Museum.
  • Vietnam – Ride a scooter from Saigon to Hanoi

South America:

  • Potosi, Bolivia
  • Machu Picchu
  • Watch the Dakar Rally in Person

Other Ideas: To be edited:

Scottsdale Auction Week, Scottsdale, Arizona
Second Week of January

Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este Premier European Concours

Amelia Island Concours, Amelia Island, FL Going to this Year 2010!
RM auction at this event

Meadow Brook Concours D’elegence, Rochester Hills, MI

Bike from John O’ Groats Scotland to Lands End, England


Travel to upstate NY, VT, NH and Maine visiting some towns during the summer.

Go Downhill Mountain Biking at Whistler-Blackcomb
Visit the 4 corners region of the United State

"Rolling Cones"

Life Goals- the importance of making goals. I find making goals to one of the most if not the most important thing you can do....

  • Learn a second language!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah yeah...do it all!