Thursday, December 16, 2010

Old Richmond.....

This is really cool.

"Hi neighbors! I wanted to share a video that I made way back in 1989. I grew up here in Ginter Park, and my father's job as a pastor required them to relocate in 1986. So when I moved back after college, I set out with a camcorder and got a bunch of familiar sights, including our house on Hawthorne, some neighborhood images, many Richmond landmarks, and some wonderful shots inside downtown Miller & Rhoads and Thalhimers in the last years in business. At the time I worked at channel 12 so I had access to editing equipment (this was waaaayyyyy before iMovie.)

Finally uploaded it this year to YouTube for family members, and thought that fellow Richmonders, especially in Ginter Park, might enjoy the nostalgia!"

Video Link Here.

No comments: